Our bison slider recipe is a BBQ hit and co-features tasty regional food products.
- 1 lb ground bison meat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 11 slider brioche style or sesame seed buns
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Algoma Highlands Blueberry BBQ Sauce, to taste
- Thornloe Casey Blue Cheese crumbled, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Pickled onions, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the bison with spices; mix well, divide into 2 inch sliders.
- If time allows, refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the patties to firm up.
- Heat barbecue, cook sliders to desired level. We suggest medium – never well done.
- Brush BBQ Sauce on each, top with crumbled blue cheese, fresh arugula, and assemble sliders.
- Makes 11 tasty sliders.
It is adapted from Jennifer Bain’s Buffalo Girl Cooks Bison.